Sex crimes are some of the most serious allegations that can be made against an individual. If convicted, you could face harsh penalties and long-term ramifications, including prison time and lifetime registration as a sex offender. Every part of your life could be affected. If you are facing charges for a sex crime, you need a lawyer who is experienced in this area of law. Rochester sex crime lawyer Aaron Gavenda has the skill and experience it takes to handle these sensitive, challenging cases.
About Sex Crimes in New York
In New York, a sex crime can be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony. The severity of the charges will depend on the circumstances, such as the victim's age, the alleged conduct, and any prior convictions.
In New York, the following are considered sex crimes:
- Rape: Sexual intercourse without the victim's consent.
- Sexual misconduct: Sexual contact with the victim without the victim's consent.
- Statutory rape: Sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 17.
- Prostitution: Engaging in sexual conduct in exchange for money or other valuables.
- Internet sex crimes: Engaging in sexual conduct online with a minor, including child pornography.
- Public lewdness: Exposing oneself in public.
How Our Firm Can Help
If you have been accused of any type of unlawful sex act, you need to choose a Rochester sex crime defense attorney who will work relentlessly to defend your rights and your freedom. If we take your case, our team will use our knowledge and experience to challenge the prosecution's evidence and work to have your charges reduced or dismissed. We will also work to protect your reputation and your future by seeking to keep your name and your case out of the media as much as possible.
If you are facing charges for a sex crime, call our firm today at (585) 332-4501 to schedule your consultation. We serve Monroe County and the surrounding areas.