Rochester Divorce Lawyer
Caring, Effective Divorce Counsel in Monroe County, NY & Beyond
Divorce is a difficult process that can lead to many questions and concerns. It is important to have an experienced family law attorney by your side to help you through the process. As a Rochester divorce lawyer who has handled hundreds of cases, Aaron Gavenda is dedicated to helping you resolve every aspect of your divorce with the least amount of stress and the greatest possible outcome.
Request a consultation online or call us at (585) 332-4501 to get started. We represent clients going through a divorce in the Monroe County area and beyond.
HOW LONG DOES A DIVORCE TAKE?
It is difficult to predict, but the process may be affected by such factors as:
- Whether you have children
- Whether you and your spouse can agree on child custody, support, and property division
- Whether you have a considerable amount of assets to deal with
- Whether you own a business or supported your spouse in their career
- The level of conflict between you and your spouse
- Your willingness to attempt mediation or a collaborative approach to your divorce
Regardless of the length of your divorce, it is important to have an experienced attorney by your side to help you. Every case is different, and you want to be certain that your interests are protected.
TYPES OF DIVORCE
Divorce can be broken down into two main types:
- Uncontested divorce. With an uncontested divorce, both you and your spouse reach agreements on all issues related to the divorce, such as custody, alimony, and the division of property and debt. This type of divorce is typically much easier to complete than a contested divorce.
- Contested divorce. With a contested divorce, you and your spouse do not agree on some or all issues related to the divorce. This type of divorce is typically more complicated and time-consuming than an uncontested divorce and requires court intervention.
We can help you decide whether to file for divorce through mediation or litigation. Mediation is a less expensive and less time-consuming option, while litigation is more formal and can result in a final divorce decree more quickly. We can help you choose which option is best for your situation.
OUR DIVORCE PROCESS
Our divorce process begins with a consultation with our experienced attorney. We will sit down with you and discuss your case and your options. We will then create a plan of action with you to help you achieve your goals. We will work hard to make sure you are protected throughout the process.
Our firm handles all types of divorce cases in Monroe County, including:
- Uncontested divorce
- Contested divorce
- Same-sex divorce
- Collaborative divorce
- Mediation-only divorce
- Military divorce
Contact Rochester, NY Divorce Attorney Aaron Gavenda
You and your spouse may be on great terms, you may have a family-owned business to deal with, you may or may not have children, or you may be unable to agree on the smallest issue. No matter the circumstances surrounding your divorce, we are confident in our ability to represent your interests.
Share your story with us and find out how Rochester divorce attorney Aaron Gavenda can work to protect your interests and future. Contact our firm today!